I’m twirling my iced coffee today thinking about what I’m going to write tomorrow when I thought about the fact that I barely post any more and when I do it is about the novel. So I figured I should do something fun. Here are some things about me that I should just rehash about myself before the big 40 tomorrow. Don’t worry this a straight list with no gifs… I’m not Buzzfeed. lol
- I talk to myself when no one is around.
- I have never broken a bone. *knocks on wooden desk*
- First job at 14 was at Pathmark in Inwood
- I’ve done online dating before it was scientific.
- I still read comic books
- When I was 9, I forgot my gym shorts and paraded out the locker room in my Robin Underoos. (long story, it worked though)
- Freshman year in college I wrote and made song called “Ant-Man.” (it was the worst rap song in the history of all songs….ever)
- I was highlighted in the Syracuse Post Standard as an up and coming young Latino.
- I’ve written more than 100 poems
- I lost a part of my soul on the ride Kingda Ka.
- I spent 12 years in Catholic School.
- The first concert I ever worked was Everclear in 2001. (No clue who they are)
- I still play Dungeons and Dragons.
- I can cook pretty well and getting better at it.
- I’ve contemplated suicide in High School.
- I posted 6 chapters of an old project on Goodreads
- My old blog is still active.
- The Exorcist is the scariest movie I have ever seen. I refuse to watch it again. lol
- I’ve met many artists backstage including, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Common, The Roots, Childish Gambino, ASAP Rocky, Immortal Technique, & Frankie Negron.
- The first movie I saw alone was Transformers: The Movie (1986)
- I was 17 when I dated my first girlfriend.
- I’ve written over 60 letters of recommendation
- I’ve been pepper sprayed before (another long story, damn college dance parties).
- I’ve rolled my car in a accident.
- I’ve written 8 articles for the Huffington Post
- My first concert was Wu-Tang Clan.
- I’ve broken bread with Junot Diaz, Eduardo Bonilla-Silva, Willie Perdomo, Miguel Melendez, Michele Carlo and Piri Thomas (RIP).
- I was an expert in Street Fighter II and Tekken 2 (come at me bro).
- I’m way too competitive and, yes, sore loser has been used to describe me.
- I wrote a 5 minute play called “Call your Mother” when I was in college.
- I’ve seen the Pacific Ocean (as New Yorker, that is a big deal).
- I’ve been married (and divorced).
- My longest drought was 3 years (figure it out).
- I was in attendance for the 6 Overtime game at MSG.
- I sing and dance while I’m cooking (until my girlfriend walks in and then I stop lol)
- One time I got so mad playing Mario Kart with friends that I throw in Oreo cookie against the wall just to see how it would explode on impact (I have issues).
- I ran my first 5k this past April.
- I was on Wall St during 9/11
- My parents divorce went to the NY Supreme Court (I just found this out. lol)
- I wrote a novel.
I could have kept going. It was fun and interesting to think about all those things. It makes me think about where I have been and where I can go. Tomorrow will be interesting.
2 thoughts on “40 Things About Me Before I Turn Forty”
You mean the Appellate Division – which is one step up from the Supreme Court in NY – and even more impressive 😉
We need to story behind #6!
…and Happy Birthday (a few hours early!)
Appellate Division? Eh, Good enough!
Go Big or Go home! Which kinda explains #6, I thought I was a superhero and I didn’t want to miss gym! 🙂
Thank you for the Birthday Wishes!